Welcome to Web Series Salon, an entertainment news site focused on independently-produced, internet-based video series. Occasionally we’ll write about content available from the major producers (like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Yahoo Stream, and more), but our real goal is not just to rave about shows that have reached House of Cards -like viewership, but rather to highlight the diamonds in the rough that populate YouTube, Vimeo, and other video services. We’ll also cover topics like technology and crowdfunding as they relate to video.
Web Series Salon was founded by multimedia journalist Tom McMeekin in 2014 as part of another blog, and was spun off to its own site in 2015.
Policies and Disclaimers
- All written content and some visual content is copyright 2014-present by Web Series Salon and Tom McMeekin. All rights reserved.
- Other photos, logos, screen captures, video stills, and other intellectual property used are either in the public domain, have been embedded with the rights holders’ permission, or fall under journalistic fair use. If you don’t like free advertising, you can politely request your intellectual property be removed.
- All submissions become the property of Web Series Salon and cannot be returned. No compensation is provided unless specified in a signed, written contract in advance.
- We’re always looking for great collaborators, so if you have a passion for watching or creating web series, drop us a line. We are also open to working with you and your school to provide internship or class credit, if you’re a student. If you’d like to be considered for an internship/externship/regular contributor position, send us your resume and a brief note explaining both what you’d bring to the table and what you’d like to get out of your experience with us.
- If you’d like to submit a single story or review, just send it; advance queries are not needed unless you have a specific question.
- We also welcome press kits / press releases / links from web series creators and their PR staff. If you send a few images we can use along with your information, all the better.
- Display advertisements and sponsored posts will be considered on an individual basis. Drop us a line if you’re interested in advertising here.
- All sponsored posts and advertisements we control will be clearly marked as such. However, we are not responsible for and do not control advertising added by WordPress or other web services.